Neil Mahony, Cathedral City recently wrote a very excellent response to an article written by K Kaufmann, April 12, 2014 in the Desert Sun, Palm Springs. See if you agree.
“I wouldn’t bet the farm on this. Tesla had asked for proposals from four states to build its new lithium battery plant to supply the manufacturing plant in the Bay Area. California was not included.
I wonder why:
Well, California with our “one-party ” fueled and sustained by the unions, is the answer.
Look at the facts:
- CEOs rate California as the worst state to do business.
- One person in 10 is here illegally.
- Second worst income tax state in the country
- Highest sales tax in the nation and one of the lowest bond ratings.
- The only body in the world to instigate “cap-and-trade” that will have a stable financial cost to businesses and have no effect on global warming.
- Small businesses failed at the highest rate in the nation.
- More than 10,000 manufacturing facilities were built-in the U.S. Only 177 were in California.
- For industrial use, California electricity is 59.8 percent higher than the national average, as of 2011.
- California’s 2012 Business Ta Climate ranks third-worst in the nation – behind New Jersey and New York.
My is Tesla may mine the lithium here but build the batteries in Arizona, Just keep supporting “one party rulel.” You deserve what you get.”