- US President orders airstrikes on ISIS in Iraq.
- Pray especially for Iraqi Christians who are being beheaded & crucified.
By Joel C. Rosenberg (@joelcrosenberg on Twitter)
(Washington, D.C., August 8, 2014) — “Evil, unchecked, is a prelude to genocide.”
We are watching genocidal conditions emerging in the epicenter.
This is as dark as any time I have ever seen in the modern Middle East.
- Please pray for the world to stop ISIS, Hamas and the jihadist rampage.
- Pray for Israel.
- Pray for the Palestinians in Gaza who are being crushed and enslaved by Hamas.
- Pray for the Christians in Iraq who are being beheaded and crucified.
- Pray for the peaceful, moderate Kurds who are being attacked by ISIS.
We are watching a jihadist rampage across the region. This isn’t just war. We are watching the jihadists seeking to annihilate all who stand in their way as they try to establish and Islamic State or caliphate. This evil must be checked, now.
ISIS — the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria — and Hamas and the other jihadist forces in the region absolutely must be stopped. Civilized nations much band together and crush these wicked forces before it is too late.
The free world dithered as Adolf Hitler came to power. Isolationists in America told us we should do nothing.
- So we waited.
- We hesitated.
- We argued amongst ourselves.
- We eventually fought.
- We eventually banded together with other civilized nations to check the evil.
- But only after we were suffered a devastating surprise attack.
- We waited far too long to check the evil that was rising in the 1930s and 40s, and millions upon millions of innocents died as a result.
Now consider what is happening today:
I’m hearing from Christian pastor friends in Iraq that ISIS forces have conquered all or most of the Christian towns in the north of Iraq and are now only 20 to 40 kilometers from Erbil (Irbil), the Kurdish capital in the north with 1.5 million people, mostly Sunni Muslims but also most of the Christians leaders in Iraq (I have been four times in recent years to encourage and support the Christians).
More than 170,000 have been murdered in Syria, millions of Syrians have fled their homes to escape the violence, millions more have fled to neighboring countries as refugees as ISIS and other jihadist groups seek to conquer Damascus and seize control of the entire country.
Israel is under attack by 3,000+ rockets from jihadist terror groups such as Hamas, Islamic Jihad and others. After several days of quiet during a ceasefire, Hamas has re-launched the war. Just since midnight, they have fired more than 45 rockets at Israeli civilian population centers.
Imagine if ISIS and Hamas had nuclear, chemical or biological weapons.
Up until now, there has been precious little international effort to stop the radicals — only blistering condemnations of Israel for trying to defend herself from the jihadist rampage. But on Thursday, seeing genocidal conditions rapidly emerging, the President authorized U.S. airstrikes against ISIS forces in northern Iraq. On Friday, a few, limited airstrikes began.